Re: attribute alias problem

At 04:33 PM 7/1/99 +0200, Van Liedekerke Franky wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i'm using openldap 1.2.3 on solaris 2.6
>I created an extra entry in slap.at.conf:
>
>attribute mailprogramdeliveryinfo deliveryprogrampath cis

>meaning to use deliveryprogrampath as an alias for mailprogramdeliveryinfo.

Actually, that creates an "alternative name".  Aliasing implies
the server might do fancy rewriting of input, filters, attribute
lists, and output.  It doesn't.

>Now when I do a ldapsearch (ldapsearch -b 'o=pandora.be' 'uiserid=test'
>mailprogramdeliveryinfo) with return attribute mailprogramdeliveryinfo (the
>way it is in ldap) I get one entry back , which is good...:
>
>userid=test,ou=accounts,o=pandora.be
>mailprogramdeliveryinfo=/test/program
>
>But when I do the same ldapsearch with return attribute
>mailprogramdeliveryinfo, I get back the first line of the record, but not
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ or deliveryprogrampath ?
>the value of the attribute??:
>
>userid=test,ou=accounts,o=pandora.be

I would expect this if you asked for only deliveryprogrampath.

With the attached testsuite entry, this command:
	ldapsearch -L -b "..." (objectclass=*) pager fax

returned:
	dn: cn=Ursula Hampster, ou=Alumni Association, ou=People, o=University 	of Michigan, c=US
	pager: +1 313 555 2844

which I find acceptable for an LDAPv2 server.