Using Netscape to mail to a group

I am having a problem with Netscape. I define individual users and a
group of users as shown below and load it into the openldap database.

I can send mail to the first two entries. I want to be able to send
mail to the group "test1". Can you suggest how I can do this. I do not
want to set up an alias test1, but I want Netscape to have a look at
the member names and expand them. Does anyone know if this is
possible, and if so, what is the correct format for the entries.

dn: cn=Fred Smith,o=Valor,c=IL
cn: Fred Smith
mail: fred@valor.com
givenname: Fred