[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

RE: Problem in the search with OpenLDAP

This still seems to be a problem in 1.2.3.

Just for kicks, I rebuilt Sleepycat 2.3.16 and OpenLDAP 1.2.3.  I used ldapsearch to retrieve all records from my existing LDAP
server and imported (using ldapadd) into the new one which was running on a different port.

The same problem exists. Searching from the base is fine, but searching from a subtree does not work.

Ronald E. Fortin
Mesa Systems Guild, Inc.
60 Quaker Lane
Warwick, RI 02886

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Kurt D.
> Zeilenga
> Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 1:17 PM
> To: ref@mesasys.com
> Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> Subject: RE: Problem in the search with OpenLDAP
> At 02:17 PM 6/23/99 -0500, Ronald E. Fortin wrote:
> >This has also been a problem for me.
> >
> >I have a search base of 'dc=mesasys, dc=com' and a sub tree of 'ou=People, dc=mesasys, dc=com'.
> If you not already running 1.2.3, you might upgrade.  Previous
> versions had a bug which caused subtree searches to fail.
> Kurt