[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Broken dn link - what to check?

Hi all,

We received from headquarter the binary form of Openldap 1.2.3 and a corporate
LDIF file to install on Solaris 2.6. I've managed to add the package, make it
run and populate the LDBM via ldif2ldbm. I am running a Wax.500 LDAP client for
testing. The problem is I can only get to the root dn whenever I browse the dn
tree. Ldap search also returns nothing but the root dn. Headquarter argues that
the package works in other locations. I deleted the DBB files and try the whole
importing again, same result. Should I delete more than just the DBBs?

I setup Linux 2.0 and download, compile and setup Openldap 1.2.3 from your
site. This time everything is from scratch. Run it, build the LDBM, same LDIF,
same slapd.conf. Open the LDAP client, it works as it supposed to. Wax.500 sees
the OUs below root.

Could you give me pointers? What to check, change, try? I'd really appreciate

A sampe of the LDIF (slightly altered) follows:

dn: o=EGA,c=ID
objectclass: top
objectclass: domain
dc: ega.com
facsimiletelephonenumber: 62 21 252 0660
l: Jakarta, Indonesia
modifytimestamp: 980523000000Z
o: EGA

dn: ou=modem,o=EGA,c=ID
ou: modem
modifytimestamp: 981212111034Z
modifiersname: cn=admin,ou=supervisor,o=EGA,c=ID
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=temporary,o=EGA,c=ID
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: temporary

dn: ou=employee,o=EGA,c=ID
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: employee

dn: ou=list,o=EGA,c=ID
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: list

dn: ou=branch,o=EGA,c=ID
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: branch

Thanks and regards,