RE: Problem in the search with OpenLDAP

This has also been a problem for me.

I have a search base of 'dc=mesasys, dc=com' and a sub tree of 'ou=People, dc=mesasys, dc=com'.

Searching at the root works fine, but using the sub tree does not.

That is: ldapsearch -b "dc=mesasys, dc=com" "(uid=ref)"
shows the correct record:

	dn: uid=ref, ou=People, dc=mesasys, dc=com
	sn: Fortin
	cn: Ronald Fortin
	title: Senior Engineer
	uid: ref

However, ldapsearch -b "ou=People, dc=mesasys, dc=com" "(uid=ref)"
returns nothing.

Also the search: ldapsearch -b "ou=People, dc=mesasys, dc=com" -s base "(objectclass=*)"
does show the correct entry:

	dn: ou=People, dc=mesasys, dc=com
	ou: People
	objectclass: top
	objectclass: organizationalUnit

The only other point of interest that I can think of is that the OpenLDAP server is serving 2 backends.

Ronald E. Fortin
ref@mesasys.com
Mesa Systems Guild, Inc.
60 Quaker Lane