private namespace setuip?

Hi.

I'm a newbie with LDAP, and I'm trying to setup a private namespace for
internal queries on our network, i.e. no links or referrals to outside
servers. I can populate the database with entries ok, but when I try and
browse the thing with WAX500 I don't see the nicely formatted list that
the global LDAP network provide, I just get an X.

There's obviously something pretty simple I'm missing, so if somebody
could point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Eamonn Hamilton