Re: Single valued attributes

Claudio Buffa Pace wrote:

> HI all
>
> I was wondering if anyone could inform me if it is possible to have single
> valued attributes. A book I have on ldap, say you can , but it fails to
> say how.  I was wondering someone has attempted this or nows how.

There is currently no support for this.  There is a new schema definition
syntax that will permit expressing the SINGLE-VALUE property for an
attribute type.  It will be added to the -devel branch soon, but it will
be sometime before all components in OpenLDAP make use of the richer
definitions.  In other words, though developers and other daring souls
will be able to define SINGLE-VALUE, it will be a nop initially.

Julio