Re: Access Rights in SLAPD.CONF

David J N Begley wrote:
>On Sun, 2 May 1999, patl@phoenix.volant.org wrote:
> > Although, I'd really like to see SSL/TLS support in slapd.
>
> Same here - but for the moment we're stuck with the U.S. export restrictions
> hampering development of this.  I'd like to see something in OpenLDAP's
> ultimately LDAPv3 support (so that we don't have to go with Kerberos
> everywhere) - I'm told something is under development, but we'll just have to
> wait and see.  SSLv3/TLSv1?  GSSAPI?  Who knows..

    I am also waiting for SSLv3 and TLSv1 to be integrated into
OpenLDAP.  For the time being, I am trying out SSL patch (SSLv2)for
umich v3.3 slapd.  (See http://www.isc.rit.edu/~clmsys/ldap/)

    Also, I am looking at OpenSSL (http://www.openssl.org/) instead of
SSLeay from Eric Young.

    If you are interested in the CA for the PKI, look at
http://www.openca.org/.  (Very very early still)

--
Chee-Hong WONG
Technologist