Re: ldapsearch vs Outlook Express

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Anderson wrote:
> I have a user entry with a sn=Friederich.  I can do an approximate
> (phonetic) ldapsearch for sn~=Freederick and it finds the entry without
> hesitation.  OE on the other hand returns no results.  I enabled debugging
> on slapd to determine where the difference was.  The only line of
> consequence different between the two requests was:
>
> ldapsearch:
> SRCH "DC=SOLUTIA,DC=COM" 2 3   100  60  0
>
> Outlook Express:
> SRCH "DC=SOLUTIA,DC=COM" 2 0     0   0  0
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know what the trailing numbers signify.  My
> question to the list is really this. What do the trailing numbers mean,
> and is anyone aware of how I might override incoming requests that look
> like the latter example and have them executed like the former (sucessful)
> example?  Thank you very much for any and all help!

    from servers\slapd\search.c, it says
    SRCH "<base>" <scope> <derefAliases> <sizelimit> <timelimit>
<attribOnly>
        scope = 0 - baseObject
                1 - single level
                2 - wholeSubtree
        derefAliases = 0 - neverDerefaliase
                       1 - derefInSearching
                       2 - derefFindingBaseObj
                       3 - alwaysDerefAliases

    I think you get no result 'cos of the 60 secs? (what's unit?) time
out.

--
Chee-Hong WONG
Technologist