Re: "no such object"

Prasad HS wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I was getting the same error first time, when I setup OpenLdap on my
> Solaris 2.5.1 . Later I found that all the problems were in the
> configuration . I followed exactly what the example is given on openldap
> web site under FAQ-o-matic . It is
>
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/104.html
>
> you too try this out just by replacing o=YOUR ORGANIZATION,c=XX with
> appropriate substitutions .
>
> It should work. I don't think anybody would really need to go the level of
> debugging with 'truss' etc.
>
> Good Luck

> On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 10:44:22AM -0300, Walcir Fontanini-ADM- wrote:
> > Samson Bisaro wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > i use openldap on linux mandrake 5.3
> > > I had modify 'slapd.conf', 'ldap.conf', 'ud.conf' and create a simple
> > > base,
> > > I had stop slapd, convert my ldif file with :
> > > "ldif2ldbm -i my_ldif_file -f /etc/slapd.conf"
> > > and finally restart slapd.
> > > But when i use : ldapsearch -b 'o=etudiants.uhp.fr' 'cn=mickey*',
> > > i get the message "no such object"
> > > Anyone could help me please.
> > > I give you also the files slapd.conf, ldap.conf, ud.conf and my ldif
> > > file
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > database slapd "really" loaded. I tried several debugging options even truss
> > (Solaris) but I did not get a clue....
> >
> > -walcir
> >

> --
>
> Prasad
> 3-12    Ph : 874-2580

Yeah I found the problem. I followed the link Prasad suggested to me and I realzed
the
was a missing parameter on ldapsearch (I missed a starting point for searching).
This was
my original ldapsearch:

ldapsearch -v -h 127.0.0.1 'objectclass=*'   which produced "no matches"

and this it is the correct one:

ldapsearch -v -h 127.0.0.1 -b 'o=DENSIS/FEEC/UNICAMP,c=BR' 'objectclass=*'
which produced the correct one.

Thanks for the help,
-walcir