Installtion Help

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest OpenLDAP 1.2.1 software and tried to
install it as per
the instructions in the INSTALL file. My platform is RedHat Linux 5.2.

But after I compile, do a make install and create the ldif file etc as
per the instructions,
when I try a ldapsearch I do not get any output.

The installation instructions say that I have to edit the
include/ldapconfig.h.edit file
and set the DEFAULT_BASE and LDAPHOST parameters accordingly. But this
file does not have these entries at all. Is this the error? I also tried
the Perl Migration
tools with the same result.

Can somebody please help me out with this. ThanX.

--
Srikant Sreenivasan
http://www.rediff.com/