Re: newbie: no results using filter "objectclass=*" -- It works

Marc Jadoul wrote:

> At least directory is missing ! It can not work without it.
>
> Marc

It works!!!
Indeed, the problem was the missing directory option. At first I wanted to use
as few options as possible. And in the example in the Administration Guide there
isn't a directory option. Instead it says that "/usr/tmp" is used as default
database directory. The database fiels were really stored there, but ldapsearch
didn't work. Does this mean that slapd doesn't know of the default location of
the database files?
Is this a bug?

Thank you everyone who helped me doing my first steps with LDAP !!!!

--