[LDAP] Communicator 4.5 and referrals

Howdy,

I'm trying to integrate my own local ldap server with
an ldap interface for Exchange.  What I want is that my users
can lookup information from both servers but only have to setup
one server in Netscape Communicator 4.5.  I added an entry to
my LDAP server saying:

 dn: ref="ldap://other-server/o=THEIRS";, dc=ourdomain, dc=com
 objectclass: referral

Unfortunately I don't succeed in looking up any information
from the second database (it does work when I use the second
ldap server directly), information from the first is returned
without problems.

Does anybody know whether Communicator will actualy follow
referrals?

Nico

system failure ... hit any user to continue ...
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (PSDC-B/DNSE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com