LDAP and non-7-bit character sets

Does anybody have experience with LDAP and larger character sets?

It seems that Netscape and Microsoft are somewhat in conflict as to
what characterset they expect from the LDAP server.

I am using Netscape 4.5 and Explorer 4 with Outlook Express. When I code
the danish special characters as simple latin-1 it works for Outlook,
and when I use UTF-8 it works with Netscape.

Is there any way to configure Netscape/Outlook/OpenLDAP such that every
user can see my danish characters, or will I have to set up two separate
LDAP servers, one for each Mailer?

/Niels

--
Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200  Aarhus N,  Denmark
Email: Niels.Baggesen@uni-c.dk  Tel: +45 89 37 66 69  Fax: +45 89 37 66 77