Re: [LDAP] ldap <-> MS Exchange interaction

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 03:49:08PM +0100, Nico De Ranter wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> our company uses M$ Exchange for e-mail.  Un(?)fortunately our department
> is mainly UNIX based so we are not at all intrested in buying a PC-server
> with NT and paying an awfull lot of money for Exchange while we have a perfectly
> usable solution using sendmail that costs us nothing at all and is a hell of a
> lot faster and more reliable.  One of the features of Exchange that is considered
> very valuable is the ability to lookup every employees e-mail address in some
> kind of Exchange-wide addressbook.  I'm wondering whether there is some kind
> of LDAP-Exchange interface that would allow my LDAP server to access this
> Exchange database and the other way around.
>
> Any help would be greatly apreciated,

------------exim docs----------------------

 6.2 Query-style lookup types

 The following query-style lookup types are implemented:

 | .   nisplus: This does a NIS+ lookup using a query that may
 contain any       |     number of keys, and which can specify
 the name of the field to be         |     returned. See section

 6.6 below.                                          |
 | .   ldap: This does an LDAP lookup using a query in the form
 of a URL. There  |     is a variant called ldapm which permits
 multiple values to be returned.   |     See section 6.7 below.

--
--w