Re: Slurpd on SCO

At 05:07 PM 2/16/99 -0600, mduggan wrote:
>I'm having trouble building slurpd on SCO Openserver 5.04.
>SCO does not provide a built-in threads package, so I installed
>the  "FSU Pthreads (ver 3.5)" package from Skunkware.

You might scan the archives for SCO hints.  I believe
others have managed to build OpenLDAP under SCO.

(Someone in the know should add some SCO platform hints
to the FAQ-o-Matic...)

>Thinking that this would do the trick, I then ran configure
>to get the  following threads related messages:

>From what appears to be 1.1.x.  You might try 1.2 which contains
much improved Pthread detection.

>configure: error: pthread.h and pthread_create are not compatible

After completing pthread detection, the configure script attempts
to compile and run a simple test program to verify that it has
properly detected the pthread environment.  If this test fails
to compile and run, this fatal error occurs.  Check config.log
for error messages associated with this test.

Kurt