Re: 1.1.4 on HP-UX 11?

At 05:17 PM 1/29/99 -0700, Gary wrote:
>Has anyone succesfully built/run version 1.1.4 on HP-UX 11?

Yes, but not personally.

>I am having no end of troubles running slapd...it gets a bus error when
>performing concurrent search requests (more than 1 thread servicing clients).  The
>number of requests handled before dying varies each time I run slapd,
>which makes me wonder if it is some sort of race condition.

If HP-UX 11 threads are preemptive, yes, you could be running into
one of the race conditions in the code.

If it's dying by seg fault/bus error, please submit a issue report
with a relevant sections of your log file (-d 5) and a debugger
backtrace.  Also see if the error is crash is duplicatable when
configured --without-threads.

>I have built 1.1.4 against db-2.3.16, 2.6.4, and gdbm--all with the same
>results.

You might try 1.2 (via AnonCVS).  It has a number of fixes concerning
threads.  A 1.2-beta2 will be out later this week.

>I have tried compiling (both db and ldap) with -D_REENTRANT,
>but that didn't seem to make any difference.  If anyone has successfully
>built 1.1.4 on HP-UX 11 I would sure like to see your compiler flags
>(for both OpenLDAP and BerkeleyDB).

You might check the FAQ for HP-UX installation hints...

Kurt