Re: OpenLDAP 1.1 vs -stable

At 05:10 PM 12/17/98 +0100, Michael Stroeder wrote:
>"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:
>>
>> OpenLDAP 1.1 has been released!
>
>(Build under Linux)
>
>1. Why is ldif2ldbm sooo slow but there's no CPU load?
>(The configure choosed Berkeley DBB)

Because the default db cache write sync is on.  Safety first!
If you want to disable it, use the 'dbcachenowsync' ldbm option.

ldif2ldbm probably should be modified to disable write caching
automatically.  I'll add that to the todo list.

>2. How can force it using gdbm?

--with-ldbm-api=gdbm

>3. --enable-wrappers gives me error message:
>configure: warning: could not find -lwrap
>configure: error: could not find wrappers
>But /usr/lib/libwrap.a exists and building with TCP wrapper
>worked with 1.0.3.

Likely the library has some dependency that prevent the test
problem from linking.  Check config.log for details.