Re: No space left on device (was Re: )

When I first installed openldap, I got the 'No space left on device'
error even though I had hundreds of megs free on every partition,
lots of free RAM and swap, and was only running ldif2ldbm on a
100-line ldif file.
   I finally realized my config files were 'not right' in several
ways.  After much config editing and a lot 'no space' errors I
eventually ended up with a working database (not set up the way I
needed, but that's a different story).  I don't recall the last
change that made it work, however.
   I suspect that 'no space' may really mean it doesn't know where
(namespace wise) to put the data and so fails in writing it, but I
didn't dig in the source to find the possible causes.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                              Voice: (512) 343-2002 x449
Systems Administrator                    Fax: (512)343-1717