Compiling Error on AIX

Hi,

 I recently downloaded the openldap-stable and openldap-release ( I
 thought my problem was due to one or the other 'releases'). When
 compiling I on AIX (4.3.1) I get the following error:

  "../../include/ldbm.h", line 163.1: 1506-166 (S) Definition of
  function LDBM requires parentheses.

 I am using the default DM setting. Since I am new to this, there is
 obvisually something pretty obvious that I ignored.

 If anyone can help out, please let me know what I am doing wrong?

 André-John

 P.S. If this is the wrong mailing-list for this sort of question,
 please tell me which one I should be using.