ACL confusion

Greetings,

I am trying to set up ACLs for my newly created directory, however, they
seem to be giving me some problems.  Here is a snippet of what I have:

base: ou=users,o=company,c=us

users: dn: uid=user1,ou=users,o=company,c=us
       uid: user1
       mail: user1@company.com
       cn: User Number One
       homedirectory: /home/user1
       shell: /bin/sh
       uidnumber: 100
       gidnumber: 100

What I want to do is to allow anonymous connections to search the directory
for email addresses but not to receive any of the system administrative
information.  I'm sure that this is simple, but my limited understanding of
ACLs is holding me back.  So much so that I don't even think that it's worth
posting the ACLs that I have tried.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Bennett