Re: Status of LCUP

At 09:57 AM 1/9/01 +0000, Roos E.W.E. wrote:
>Does anybody know what the status is of the LDAP Client Update Protocol?

It's still in draft stages.  The work appears to have fairly wide
community support and will likely be submitted the IESG with the
support of one or more IETF working groups.

>In my situation that would by a very welcome extention of OpenLDAP

I would concur.

>I'm
>prepared to contribute to the OpenLDAP implementation to implement this
>draft, but are there more people wanting this feature. Also the status
>of the draft must be such, that no big changes will occur, since I'm not
>intending to do things twice.

Well, I think LCUP has jelled enough to be implemented.  Please
feel free to discuss the actual implementation of LCUP in OpenLDAP
on the openldap-devel list.

Kurt