Re: modify DNs in PHP

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 08:07:19AM +0100, MATS Luspa wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I must make a note here. There isn't a function that is called
> ldap_modrdn2 in PHP. But in C API there is.

It would be better to have this discussion on the PHP lists. Anyway,
ldap_rename() (_s) is the one to use in the new C API which OpenLDAP
supports. I'll probably add an ldap_rename() function to PHP soon. If
there is sufficient interest I might also make ldap_rename() in PHP
work with old API's using ldap_modrdn... with their limitations.

I've added several new LDAP functions to PHP lately, adding the things
I personally needed first (haven't heard that many needs from others).

Things that now are supported are ldap_parse_result(), reference stuff,
ldap_set_option() including controls, ldap_get_option() doesn't
currently support controls.

I'll be happy to discuss the PHP LDAP API (there are some shortcomings),
but that should be done on the php-dev mailinglist. For info on the
list, see http://www.php.net/support.php

Stig