Re: A possible way to have NT authentic against LDAP (RFI)

> hi,
>
> Lars Nordin wrote:
> >
> > I don't know how well this would work but I've causally been looking around
> > for a way to have Linux and NT boxes authentic against one data source.
> >
> Same here.  I've been looking into this, off and on, for a month or two
> now.

We are using Services For UNIX 2.0 which runs on NT or Windows 2000.  It does
not tell NT/2000 to directly auth against LDAP but rather provides a means
to synchronize the passwords (immediately on UNIX and NT side at the time
of password change).

This solution does work with some modification of the source code for the
UNIX side of things (a pam module for updating the NT side from UNIX
and "single sign on daemon" used by NT to update the UNIX side).

So this is not truly pointing NT directly at a data source however,
it works =).

I think SFU2.0 costed about $175.

--
David Bartle
Directory Services and Database Administrator

"recursion (ree-kurzhin) (n) - A mathematical function that referrs to
itself within its own definition.  see recursion"