strong authentication

Howdy!

I just set up a NS Directoryserver 4.11 (domestic) and now I'm testing it with
an ldap-testsuite. So far 50 out of 60 testcases work fine.
What doesn't seem to work is the -M CRAM-MD5 - parameter with ldapadd /
ldapsearch etc.
Currently I get back:

ldap_sasl_cram_md5_bind_s: Strong authentication not supported

IN the Whitepaper to the DirServer Netscape claims that it supports strong
authentication with CRAM-MD5.
In the Admin Server Guide of the NS Server they say "For information on setting
up SASL, see Netscape Directory Server Programmer's Manual". And in there
everything looks to me, like I have to programm this support myself.

Did anybody use -M CRAM-MD5 before? With the NS DirServer? How?

TIA,
   Kai Krebber