Linux: OpenLdap, PAM in cluster enviroment

I try to explain what I want to do.

I got a webcluster of 6 nodes. All run Debian GNU/Linux 2.2. I run
suExec with Apache so that cgi:s will run as the users owning the
script. I also share the homedirectorys over NFS.
Now I want the useraccounts to have the same
uid and gids on all cluster nodes (web servers) so that suExec will work.
I have been looking around and found this:

nss_ldap:       http://www.padl.com/nss_ldap.html
pam_ldap:       http://www.padl.com/pam_ldap.html

Very litte documentation.

I tried the tools at: http://www.padl.com/tools.html
Read the debian documentation and tried. But no luck.
I don't use MD5 passwords. I use shadowpasswords.

I only need to have the /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group into the
LDAP. I'm really stuck and need help.
If I get this to work I will put up a step by step guide for this on
my homepage and faqmatic so that other can benefit from your help.

--
Regards, Fredrik Steen