Re: ASN.1/DER compiler

>> Anyone know a good ASN.1/DER compiler for LDAP that we could use?
>> I've been looking at snacc but it seems that it wont be enough.
>>
>> Should be able to decode incoming TCP/IP strings to LDAPMessage structs
>> e.t.c. + encode LDAPResult to TCP/IP.

Allen Reese replied:

> I tried to write something to deal with LDAP requests coming across the
> wire once, and found it was easier to grab the openldap libs, and hack
> them to do what I needed.  ;)

Believe me....I truly wish that it could be possible but this cant (?) be done
because:
1. The (already existing) Btrieve database is on another server and is used but
some other applications so I cant move it to where the LDAP server should be.
This means that I have to write my own DCOMM where the database is and another
'LDAPcomm' that listens to incoming LDAP requests, interpret them
(+authenticates) and then call the functionalities in DCOMM.
2. I cannot copy the databaseinformation to a berkley database (or whatever)
becourse other applications will update the data (and we do absolutely not want
two databases with 'update' functionalities between them.

I will try and port the 'snacc' code to NT so it can translate the incoming
TCP/IP 'signals' into (hopefully) the LDAP message (and vise versa LDAP result
into TCP/IP).

My program is now just receiving LDAPv2 TPC/IP bind signals and presenting the
raw data.
(then I get error ofcourse).
If I would like to try with a LDAPv3 protocol Client, what can I use? Netscape?

No other suggestions for ASN.1/BER/DER encode/decode application I can use?

--

Greatful for any help.
Mikael