Unix sockets connection to server ?

Hi Folks,
    I appologise if this is the wrong list. Having just fixed a couple
of bugs in the group based access control I began to wonder about the
client server interfaces available.

I have a concern with performance and am looking to use replica servers
sapttered around my environment so that a service required to use the
ldap server for lookups can look on the local machine. For instance a
machine dedicated to running INN news service needing to do user lookup
and authentication would look to the local replica on the same machine.

I have no particular problem about replicating to a dozen or so machines

but I wondered about performance. Even if the ldap server is on the same

machine to only link to it at the moment is via the ip interface. I
wondered that sonce many other servers (irc, inn, sql) implement a unix
sockets interface if anyone had looked to implement this for ldap.  I
understand the speed difference is significant when using services such
as mysql.

BY the way, whome do I submit my bug fixs to ?

Cheers,
    Gerrit Thomson.