Re: crypted passwords in openldap

These are software issues to which you should take to the software
mailing list.  Please read the list charter before posting.
	http://www.openldap.org/lists/

See http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=65

>To still establish a kind of security,

A false kind of security?  Hashed values of passwords should be
protected just as you would protect the actual cleartext
passwords.

>it seems to support storing of encrypted passwords.

And authentication against such.

>I experimented a bit with the ldappasswd without success:

Post details to the software list where likely someone will
offer you help.