From: Louis Simon <louis@vircom.com>
To: openldap-general@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-general@OpenLDAP.org>
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 11:31 AM
Subject: Binding
 Hi, I wanted to know if there is a way to force a bind, or not allow a search if there were no bind operation made prior to the search. I noticed that Outlook Express and Netscape Communicator always perform a bind before a search operation, and that is good. Now, when I make a search with ldapsearch.exe utility, it does not go trough the binding process and the user got access to my database without having been authenticated. Bottom line is that I don't want to give access to search operation without the user going trough the binding operation. Can this be done? Louis
--
Ludovic Poitou
Sun Microsystems Inc.