search on DN

I must have missed this, but if the full DN of an entry is say:

ou=foo,o=bar,c=US

and the searchbase is o=bar,c=US

how could I search for ou=foo,o=bar,c=US without ldapsearch thinking
I want ou=foo,o=bar,c=US,o=bar,c=US.  Sure I could strip off the
searchbase from the DN before I search, but is there a way around
it?

In otherwords I want to do something like

ldapsearch -b "" "ou=foo,o=bar,c=US"

I know it's a little roundabout, but I'm thinking of searching
for info on a DN provided by a seeAlso entry which includes the
searchbase and I don't "feel like stripping it out".

If it's not possible, let me know and I suppose I'll have to
start feeling like it.

Thanks,

Jeff
--
Practice makes perfect, but if nobody's perfect, why practice?