Re: Performance Questions

vineet chaoji wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have migrated from Netscape LDAP server to OpenLDAP.  Does anyone
> have any performance statistics comparing both of them - some ways in
> which OpenLDAP is better than Netscape.  I got to convince some
> people :-)   .

For starters it is free. Saves you lot of $$$.
All I can say is the price/performance is really attractive with
OpenLDAP.
If this is not enough argument, then try the benchmarking tool
available on
http://www.mindcraft.com.

We have done some benchmarking for sendmail and other applications
accessing LDAP server using this tool, and written some of our own.

This is just my $0.02, and *NOT* my employers.
-Raj