Re: Shared contacts databse

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

   >    Does anyone know of someone using LDAP as a shared contacts database in
   >    an organization.
   > The question is, who is not doing it.

   Who's doing a good job then?  :-)

I am :P

   >    Are there any developed applications along this line?
   > There are more than one could imagine. The easiest place to start is usually
   > your humble email client.

   Netscape 4.61 (communicator) lets you *search* LDAP databases but you cannot
   under any circumstances add to it from your email client.  <sigh>  I've
   given up and added a quick and dirty PHP-based entry sheet at
   http://www.mixdown.org/ldap.  Source is available and free but it's hardly a
   "polished" project.

   I looked all over for a chunk of software that would add entries to a
   directory "nicely" (i.e. so that the average user could use it) but couldn't
   find a thing, so I designed one.

You could always take something like GQ (http://biot.com/gq/) and add in what
you need.

Regards