[stein@terminator.net: [LDAP] LORAX and ldapconf]

FYI: this was on the linuxconf module mailing list.  For those of
you using Linux and trying to get nss_ldap and pam_ldap to work,
looks like the next version of RedHat (codenamed LORAX) will make
this easier.

----- Forwarded message from Stein Vrale <stein@terminator.net> -----
Good news,

I just checked out LORAX (pre-redhat 6.1), and it seems RH is now
including binaries and libs for openldap, nss_ldap and pam_ldap in their
distribution.

Even better, they are using rpms based on the nss_ldap and pam_ldap rpms
I made for PADL earlier this summer, which means ldapconf is already
very well prepared for LORAX, supporting the config files instantly.

Even if ldapconf is still very alpha in most areas, some parts should be
quite stable now (ie ldapclient config), so I have just added a "module
setup" dialog in ldapconf which makes it possible to turn
dialogs/functions on/off by the admin. I plan to deliver a new release
soon, where the default dialog setup is to only show the stable client
dialogs in linuxconf. Then the more experimental stuff (like userinfo
and addressbook support) have to be enabled by the admin to be active.

I will now do some more work with the documentation, and fix some paths
for openldap (redhat are installing it a bit different from the previous
openldap rpm), and then release a LORAX/user friendly package, hopefully
this module is soon ready for more widely usage.

Stay tuned...

(BTW latest ldapconf is available from anonymous cvs if anyone is
interested).

Stein Vråle

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500