setting up a DIT for multiple domains? HELP!?

I could *really* use some sage advice!

I need to set up a directory that serves multiple domains in
significantly different ways and leaves room for adding at least one
more later - advice on how best to do so would be greatly appreciated!

Eventually I'd like to have two user search interfaces to the
directory(s?): web-based and email-client-based.  The web-based one
doesn't worry me so much, but the email-client search does.

For example, I'll pick three make-believe domains and reserve a fourth
for later.

The domains are:
	1. foo.com
	2. foo.co.uk
	3. boom.com
	and later 4. Parent.com

Foo.com and Foo.co.uk are sister companies in different countries with
different email systems, phone switches, etc.  It would be nice if the
default search for people in either of these two companies also included
the other.  So "cn=jon" would pull from both foo and foo-uk.

Boom.com is a seperate company (email happens to be on foo server, phone
switch different).  Need to have them in the directory, but not in the
default search.

Parent.com is the parent of all those companies, but maintains a
completely seperate Exchange server with its own directory of its
users.  It would also be nice if parent.com people could search all four
companies at once, or search them individually.

>From the web interface, it must be possible to change search any or all,
at the user's whim.

So how would one best set up the directory servers for the first three
(foo, foo-uk, and boom)?  (Astute readers with too much time can
probably see through my silly company names, so keep in mind that my
confusion is my own, not my employer's. ;^) )

--
Trever Furnish, trever@monster.com, postmaster@monster.com
Monster.com Operations, 317.347.1323 or (cell) 317.714.4755