Re: [Re: Looking for LDAP Management Tool]

Thanks for all the input.  However, what I'm really looking for is a tool
designed more for an end-user or CSR.  Are there any "Shrink Wrapped"
products, thin-client or Web based preferred (not Hydra-Term Serv).

Thanks again,
Rich

"Brent Bice" <bbice@persistence.com> wrote:
> Can anyone help?
> I'm looking for a GUI LDAP tool to simplify the management of a directory.
> I need to manage user accounts and certificates for access control to
> Web enabled applications.
> The main problem is I need to control custom attributes and objectclasses
> within this GUI tool.
> I need a tool designed for the non-ldap expert.

   Hmmm... I dunno about whether or not it's designed for the "non-ldap
expert"
but my favorite tool is at:

http://www.iit.edu/~gawojar/ldap/

   Note that some assembly is required, but it's pretty simple.  You just
tell it where your Java JDK is installed (by editing a batch file) and tell
it what your LDAP base and Directory Manager distinguished name is (by editing
a browser.config file). Easy.

   And it runs on both PCs and UNIX machines, and even looks the same on
both platforms.  And best of all, it doesn't care a whit what your schema is.
You need to know a bit about your schema -- you need to know the names of
the attributes different object types use/require, but... (shrug)

   'Hope this helps...

Brent Bice
bbice@persistence.com