Roaming access and Suns Dir server...

Dear all,

Since roaming access seems to be one of the topics of the day
and nobody has got OpenLDAP to work, though we all seem to have put
a lot of work in, the question is what alternatives are there?

There is the mod_roaming Apache module as well as it's offspring
Apache::Roaming. There is the Netscape directory server, but the
costs to us seem too high. We've looked at Ldap for NDS from
Novell but can't seem to understand that. Has anyone looked
at Sun's directory server? The costs are far lower than Netscape.
It is LDAP V3 (or claims to be).

As a slight aside I have notice a number of Roaming web sites
springing up. Does anyone know what systems they use?

Comments etc to the list.

Thanks.