Re: Resolving groups (neophyte question)

Jeff Clowser wrote:

> Try this:
> ldapsearch -v -L -s sub  -b 'o=mirapoint.com' -h ugh 'dn=uid=bryan,ou=People, o=mirapoint.com'
>
> (Note the dn=uid=...)

If that works, then it is another unintended side-effect of the way OpenLDAP
deals with the DN (treats it as an attribute).  I don't think this is
required behaviour.  And as a matter of fact, future changes to OpenLDAP are
likely to break this.  I have my eyes put on some changes that could make
the DN disappear as an attribute of the entry.  So if anyone can provide
any proof that this is required behaviour, please speak up before I make a
fool of myself by breaking it.

> Probably a more efficient way would be to make the scope
> same (-s same?)

-s base

Julio