Re: Resolving groups (neophyte question)

"Philip A. Prindeville" wrote:

> My question is, given that the 'uniquemember' field supposedly
> contains a DN, why can't I search based on that value (as a
> filter)?

Because that is not the way to "read" an entry.  You have to do
a search with scope "base" using that DN as the base.  Like this:

ldapsearch -v -L -s base -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -w 'directory' \
	-b 'uid=bryan,ou=People,o=mirapoint.com' -h ugh \
	'objectclass=*'

The filter used is the "universal" filter that always matches.
Try it.

Julio