Bit more info on Roaming access

Hi all,

I thought I'd put in my 2c worth on roaming access. I have got NS DS4.0
working for roaming access. The manual_roaming2.html document is more
(or less) right.

The setup works pretty well apart from the actual DS software is flaky.
C'est la vie. Whilst looking at it I did a lot of work on a Oracle/LDAP
perls syncronisation program. All our users are in Oracle and I didn't
want
to have to manually enter them all even with ldapadd. I've used the
Mozilla
Perl module and it does what it says. As part of this I was looking at
entering
user profile information automatically and couldn't figure out the
binary data that
was being sent. It turns out to be base64 encoded.

I've been looking through the OpenLDAP archives for roaming access and
noticed that a lot of people (including myself) have got so far and can
see data transfers happening up to the server but can't seem to get the
bookmarks back. I wondered if the fact that they seem to be stored in
'plaintext' and not base64 encoded may be something to do with it.

Any ideas/comments from the more technical amongst this group?

Rob