Re: LDAP Search Filter Help Requested

On Mon, 24 May 1999, MCGARRAHAN, KENNETH L (SWBT) wrote:

> these 'organization' objects. In essence, I'm attempting to retrieve the DN
> of those 'local1' objects which have children entries.
>
> Is this possible in a single LDAP query? Or is a traversal of the tree via
> multiple searches using 'LDAP_SCOPE_ONELEVEL' with a different base object
> the only method available?

   If I understand the filter syntax correctly, then single query cannot
span multiple entries; in other words you cannot test some condition on
two different entries by one operation. So you will have to resort to
multiple queries.

   Bye Borek

BOREK LUPOMESKY, network administrator    University of J. E. Purkyne
WWW:       http://www.ujep.cz/~lupomesk/  Ceske mladeze 8
IRCnet:    Borek @ #usti                  Usti nad Labem, 40012
talk:      borek@ishtar.ujep.cz           The Czech Republic
PGP keyid: 298F8888                       tel: +420-602-376368
==========[ MIME/ISO-8859-2 & PGP encrypted mail welcome ]===========