( DN syntax ) SOLVED!!!!

Greetings all,
thanks for all the replys,

special cudo to tod thomas who sent me thi slittle didi' :
5. In your search root enter o=basd, c=us (case insensitive).
This was my lil bugger.

Kevin Myer had pointed out that my distinguished name is comprised of a
common name, organization and country.  In the first line, you define the
common name as cn=jeff donovan.  However, on the next line, I redefine the
common name cn:
jeff. That line should be cn: jeff donovan.

I changed the ldif file and rebuilt the database and re-started slapd.

Netscape still returns various errors.

here is what I was trying in the search root field.

under search root I've tried:

c=us  "failed to search "myldapsvr" due to LDAP error "DSA is unwilling to
perform (0x35)

o=basd "failed to search "myldapsvr" due to LDAP error "No such object (0x20)

dn=basd "failed to search "myldapsvr" due to LDAP error "Invalid DN Syntax
(0x22)

** well we know what my original problem was **

the search root field should be this:

serach root: o=basd, c=us

thanks again to all,.....Now I might get some sleep tonight :), until I
expand this directory.

--jeff

Jeff Donovan                    Network Analyst
Bethlehem Area School District  The Bethlehem Education Network (BEN)
Bethlehem, PA  18017            (610) 807-5557  jdonovan@beth.k12.pa.us