Re: Using LDAP to share users among Linuxes

On Fri, May 14, 1999 at 04:12:02PM +0300, Tuomo Pyhala wrote:
> I also noticed that there are problems compiling OpenLDAP with glibc-2.1
> included in RH 6.0 (Has been discussed this list before, strdup defined
> as a macro which conflicts with definition in openldap 1.2.1 sources). Is
> there a patch, or can i use precompiled binaries from local redhat contrib
> mirror?

If you're not commited to using RedHat you can use Debian's unstable which
contains pre-packaged OpenLDAP, nss_ldap, and pam_ldap (migration tools
coming soon). Note that unstable (potato) will be frozen soon, and this
stabalizing, plus potato is glibc 2.1 based as well.

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Dev - bcollins@openldap.org     The Choice of the GNU Generation