pam_ldap on a RH 5.2 system

Hi,

I've spend the last night trying to get pam_ldap to run on a RH 5.2
system. Too bad it doesn't seem to work. I compiled pam_ldap against the
OpenLDAP libraries, and put a

auth required /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

entry to the /etc/pam.d/login file to enabled LDAP based
authentification to the Linux box.
Doesn't work though. A look into /var/log/messages shows

unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_ldap.so)
[dlerror: /lib/security/pam_ldap.so: undefiened symbol: ldap_value_free]

Guess this has something to do with dynamicaly linking the OpenLDAP
libraries?

David

David Krix, Reinersstr.51, 46145 Oberhausen, Germany
Heisenberg Gymnasium, Gladbeck