Re: LDAP, SSL, Roaming Access.

Hi,
    I have roaming access currnetly running against secure ldap on a
netsacpe directory server. Have also had both http and https against an
apache server with mod_put and mod_ssl modules (not mod_dav yet ).

A technical/ philosophical problem wiht using the ldap service is that the
client maintains a connection to the server. In a small organisation this
would not be a problem as most ldap server are by derault configured to
enable up to 2000 connection. In our organisation we are looking at
approaching this limit and so would use the http/s version.

Another problem is the granulaity of the data being stored. The grouping
together of the "user preferences" with "mail filters" and "address book"
means that persons using a different proxy configuration loose their mail
info.

My 2% worth.
    Gerrit Thomson.