RE: Attribute questions

Hi Rich,

Add something like this to your slapd.conf:

access  to attr=userpassword by * none
access  to * by self write

One way to ensure those password characteristics is to put the constraints
into the client program -- modify and specialize ldappasswd for instance and
have your users use that.

I've found the passwords to be pretty flexible:  for instance, I can cut the
entry from /etc/shadow and paste it into ldif -- prefixed by {crypt} and I
can authenticate with my login password.  (That made me really happy since I
really didn't want my users to be forced to reenter their passwords as we
switch to LDAP-based authentication).

Good luck,

--rj