Re:

Not sure about Eudora, but in Netscape, do you have your directory preference
set so it authenticates to the LDAP server?  In Communicator 4.5, select
the address book entry and look at the properties - make sure login with
name and password is selected.

A bit of weird behaviour - I would normally expect the address book to take the
"username" entered, search for it in the uid field to get a DN, then bind as that
dn
using the password entered.  Communicator instead seems to search against the
mail field to find the dn.

If you do not have login with name and password selected, it will be doing
a search anonymously, which may be why "self" doesn't seem to work.

--
 Jeff Clowser
 mailto:jclowser@aerotek.com       Hanover MD  21076 USA