Re: Default config question

With a default build you'll want to look at
/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf, there's a man page for this file, but
basically:

BASE	o=ILM, c=US
HOST	ldap.whatever.com

You can verify where ldapsearch is looking for ldap.conf with something like
strings `which ldapsearch` |grep ldap.conf

BTW, this file may not exist, I haven't double checked, but installing
when I didn't build slapd didn't seem to install this file.

Steve
steve@technolope.org