Shared address list using LDAP

Good Day,

	I hope this isn't too off topic.

	We've recently started an email project at work to replace our
	X400 based email system (Windows based system, Unix uses SMTP),
	with something else and try to get the Windows/Unix world closer
	(ie. SMTP for all).

	I was very interested when I read about LDAP and have started to
	research how we can use it to ease the whole task of
	administrating our internal email address lists - currently the
	Windows clients get this from the X400 server and the Unix people
	just make their own (everyone gets a paper copy the address list
	as well).

	A question arose about how to support a shared address list - it
	was mentioned that LDAP wouldn't help with this - great for
	searching the LDAP DB - what we require is a scrollable list of
	all email addresses which it seems most (?) clients do not
	support (not fetching from the LDAP server at any rate).

	Has anyone run into this situation before ? It seems to be very
	dependent on which email client one uses - I can, hopefully, quite
	easily setup a perl job under Unix to pick up new addresses from
	the LDAP server each day but I am fairly clueless on the Windows
	side.

	Unfortunately, people are talking Mickey$oft Exchange as a
	possibility mainly bacause of this one problem.

Any help would be appreciated,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips