LDAP API: sizelimit exceeded?

Hello,

I have a ldap server that holds collections of english words, say, in this
form:
	a=word, b=collection1, o=organisation
	attr1=value
	attr2=value

	a=anotherword, b=collection2, o=organisation
	attr1=value
	attr2=value

I have several such collections.  Each one comprises several thousand words.

All of a sudden I want to remove one of the collections.  I'm trying to do
ldap_search_s(handle, "b=collection1, o=organisation", LDAP_SCOPE_ONELEVEL,
"objectclass=*", NULL, 0, &res) to get the list of the words to delete, but it
fails with the error "Sizelimit exceeded".

Is there any way to increase this limit?  Is there any better way of solving
this problem than just getting the list of the words first?  If I remember
right, it's not possible to delete an entry without deleting its subtree
first, right?

Thank you--

	--Lyosha